To honor outstanding alumna and past president Maryliz deVito Lincoln (1943-2003) the AASH established an award in her name. Maryliz’s dedication to the Sacred Heart family showed itself in joyous and generous service to her local association and to the national and international alumnae/i associations, beginning shortly after her graduation from San Francisco College for Women, Lone Mountain in 1965.
This biennial award is granted to a Sacred Heart graduate, 35 or younger, who has demonstrated outstanding support of and loyalty to her/his local alumnae/i association or to AASH. A regionally balanced committee appointed by the AASH president reviews letters of recommendation submitted by individual alumnae/i associations and makes recommendations.
The honoree receives the cost of travel, registration and hotel expenses for the National Conference where the award is presented.
Recipients of the Maryliz deVito Lincoln Generosity and Service Award:
- 2007 - Amy Banna, Bloomfield Hills 1995
- 2009 - Karen Patterson, Forest Ridge 1993
- 2011 - Sara Burchell Kestner, Stuart Country Day 1996
- 2013 - Meghan Dowd Schlattmann, Duchesne Academy - Omaha 1997
- 2015 - Cristina Mas, Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart 2005
- 2017 - Christine Ahern, Sheridan Road 2002
- 2019 - Gabriella Almeida, Sacred Heart Greenwich 2007
- 2021 - Ani Haroian, ASH-St. Charles 2008